Pool Decking Options
Are you building a pool or considering refinishing your Spray Decking or Cool Decking?
Check out the pool decking options and there pros and cons below. See why Garage Force’s Products offer a far superior option to Kool Decking, Spray Decking, Pavers and more.
Before selecting a pool deck coating product there many things to consider:
First and foremost,
- is it safe and slip-resistant when wet?
- Is the material course or uneven?
- Is it heat-reflective? Will it remain cool on hot days?
- Will it blend well with other paved or hardscaped areas around your pool?
- Is it resistant to chemicals, salt, acid, mold, and mildew?
Kool/ Cool Decking
Kool Decking Pros:
- Lowers the surface temperature of concrete by around 20 degrees– more than any other deck material.
- Withstands thermal expansion and contraction better than concrete.
- Is easy to clean.
- Heat Dissipation- reduce concrete surface temperature
Kool Deck Cons:
- It fades under the Texas sun, and its color is hard to match if you have to patch it during a repair.
- Must be applied to freshly poured concrete before the concrete cures to bond properly.
- Kool Deck may be cooler to walk on, but can also be much more susceptible to stains compared to Spray Deck.
- Kool Deck does require cleaning on a regular basis. Surfaces should be cleaned by using strong soap and water and a nylon bristle broom to scrub the surface and then rinsed clean with a garden hose. Do not allow dirt, leaves, etc. to remain on the surface for long periods of time. If you have a saltwater chlorinator, it is essential that you rinse and clean your deck frequently. Regular cleaning of your surface is an important part of the success of your concrete.
- SPILLS Any spills should be rinsed off and washed immediately. Spills that could result in a stain should be scrubbed immediately using strong soap and water and a nylon scrub brush and then rinsed with water. Build-ups of oil type stains such as suntan lotion, body oils, etc. can be easily cleaned with this procedure. Note: Use care when handling any concentrated pool chemical such as muriatic acid, chlorine, etc. If you should accidentally spill any such chemical on your deck, rinse the area thoroughly and immediately. Chemical fertilizers used on lawns and gardens can leave stains when such fertilizers are water activated. After fertilizing, wash your deck to remove any chemical that may have been scattered on the deck.
- Gray mineral deposits can collect on the deck over a period of time in heavily used areas such as at steps or high traffic areas. These deposits are caused by water evaporating from the deck, leaving behind minerals. Annual buffing by a experience contractor is recommended for the deck to remove mineral build up.
- colorful, textured surface
- Many color options
- Periodic recoating needed to renew the surface.
- Typically comes with a 5 year limited warranty unlike Garage Force’s Residential Lifetime Warranty
- Regular cleaning required by hosing and using a squeegee to remove standing water to minimize staining
- Spray Decking is Non Stain Resistant to:
- Gum, Tar & Tree Sap Stains
- Grease, Oil, Beverage & Food Stains
- Mildew & Algae Stains
- Hard Water deposits, rust, soil, plaint & wood stains
- Tile can add a clean, elegant look to any pool.
- Tile is one of the quickest and easiest materials to install.
- One of the biggest disadvantages of using tile on your pool deck is the maintenance that will be involved. Grout in between the tiles can start looking bad after a certain amount of time.
- Can be expensive to install
- Another potential problem with tile is that it can break or crack
- A good alternative to plain concrete because they can be designed to resemble cobblestones, granite, tile, or traditional bricks.
- Can be arranged to complement many types of design schemes because of the large variety of shapes, colors, and sizes.
- Can be custom-made.
- Easy to find and easy to replace if a paver gets damaged.
- If installed correctly, many manufacturers claim that interlocking pavers are frost proof.
- Endure a high resistance to wear and tear and a durable non-slip surface.
- A good, budget-conscious choice.
- When installing, it requires a permanent border or frame to prevent shifting.
- Can appear industrial or commercial.
- If made of concrete, it is important to seal them properly to prevent fading from excessive water damage and sun exposure.
Katy Spray Decking Transformations
Why is Garage Force’s Polyurea Concrete Coatings your best option:
- Little to No Maintenance: Little to no maintenance needed to maintain a nice glossy textured finish.
- ManyColor Options: There is an incredible amounts of color options, check out the options available here.
- Improved slip and impact resistance!
- Chemical & Stain Resistant: Our polyurea coating provides a great-looking finish that also resists stains. In general, the material is also resistant to scrapes, extreme temperatures, and many forms of chemical corrosion. Resistant to salt, oil, gas, and grease
- Ultimate UV Stability– Our garage floor coatings are resistant to damage from ultraviolet light. No yellowing or fading after consistent exposure to sunlight. No Yellowing!
- Less Downtime after installation: Polyurea cures at an extremely fast rate, leaving less time for bubbles to form when the material hardens (a problem extremely common to epoxy coatings) ONE DAY INSTALLATION!
- Increased Durability & Protection: With our coatings, a second layer is applied that resists moisture from getting into your concrete and causing damage to your concrete.
- Heat Dissipation: Our polyurea coating has heat dissipation similar to Kool Decking. Which is great for this hot Houston sun!
- Lifetime Warranty: Our product comes with a residential lifetime warranty unlike other pool deck coating options.